Letter in opposition to 10 micron filters for diesel dispensers
- Reported problems: plugged fuel filters, fuel pump failure due to overheating, internal wear of engine components (pistons, seats), sticking injectors
- Cause of problems: particulates and water contamination, corrosion of steel components of storage system, salts
- 10 micron filter will address particulates and water contamination
- Industry research: corrosion in ULSD systems (EPA), salts and diesel cleanliness (CRC), individual company research
- Review of various studies & findings related to use of 10-micron filters
- PMAA testing program; CRC-667; Clean Diesel Fuel Alliance Guidance for Underground Storage Tank Management at ULSD Dispensing Facilities; Caterpillar, Bulk Fuel Filtration for Off-Road Applications (IFC10-019); SAE, Internal Injector Deposits in High-Pressure Common Rail Diesel Engines (2010-01-2242) (Afton Chemical Corp.)
Download full report (PDF).
Read more on other literature review summary.